Thursday, July 04, 2013

July 4, 2013

It has been a lazy hot summer day here in Palm Springs. Delores and I did not attend the huge fellowship meal at development's lodge. It is just too much of a hassle.

We watched the movie "Copperheads" on Direct-TV movies on demand. It isn't a shoot'em up movie. Rather it is a quiet reflective movie about those who opposed the Civil War. Set in 1862 you get acquainted with the emotions, convictions, and sentiments of those living in that culture. Christianity permeated the film but showed how those on both sides of the conflict viewed things. Those who want constant action and lots of explosions and gunfire wouldn't like it, but I found it thought provoking and rather emotional at times.

I worked some on my "Recollections" today. I'm adding photographs to the already 457 pages.

Ron Ross, a Nebraska Christian College, classmate emailed me yesterday to do an interview about my discovery of brothers and sisters unknown to me before recent contact. It gave me an opportunity to tell my recent experiences to a radio audience.

No comments: